Filing a Complaint with the State

Filing a Complaint with the State In California the Licensing division of the California Department of Health allows any person to file a complaint against a nursing home. They are the State agency responsible for enforcing laws that apply to nursing homes. As with any State agency, they do not always have the resources, authority or…

Read More

Employment Law Resources

California Department of Fair Employment and Housing / Complaints – Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (Unpaid Wages) – California Wage Claim Procedures – California Employment Law Association (CELA) – California Department of Industrial Relations – California Employment Development Department (EDD) – California Public Employment Relations Board – Legal Aid Society – Employment Law Center –…

Read More

Elder Abuse/Neglect

an attorney working in his cabin

Elder abuse and neglect are continuing and devastating problems. The Law Offices of Joseph M. Earley, III, APC takes elder abuse and neglect cases very seriously and will fight aggressively to obtain compensation for and protection of abused elders. Abuse and neglect are unacceptable problems in the nursing home and assisted living industry, and every…

Read More

Beware of Arbitration Agreements

closeup shot of a pen on the document

No citizen of California is required to surrender their basic constitutional rights and civil protections to secure a bed in a nursing home or in a residential care facility as a condition for admission or for adequate care. In an effort to prevent residents from being able to utilize our courts to seek redress for…

Read More